How Are you Measuring Up? Tracking the Right KPI…
Over the next few weeks we are going to be publishing a series of in depth reports outlining Key Performance Indicators to help you understand the performance of your social media pages and how you can use them to help resolve business problems.
The Importance of Social Media Key Performance Indicators
As the problems faced by different businesses vary, we’ll be covering a number of FMCG industries including retail, electronics and media. These will outline exactly what KPI’s you should be measuring in your business and how. For the first in our series we will be focusing on aviation.
The airline industry is challenged by an array of business problems that require multiple traditional channels to resolve. With social media, many of these business problems can be resolved quickly and efficiently. By measuring critical social media metrics and implementing effective social media strategies, airline companies can provide quality social customer service, quantify the ROI on social promotions, and much more! Check out how airlines like Volaris and KLM are using social media to provide excellent social customer care.
Important Social Media KPIs for Airlines
- Response Rate: The percentage of user posts or questions that the admin responded to.
- Response Time: The average amount of time that it takes for the admin to respond to users posts or questions.
- Engagement Rate: The amount of user interactions (Likes, comments and shares) that occur with your Page.
- Key Influencer Identification: Identifying the users that most frequently interact with your Page’s content.
- User Activity: Identifying the times of days and the days of week in which your users are most engaging most frequently with your Page.
There are a number of business solutions that social media can provide for the aviation industry including:
- Social Customer Service
- Issue/Crisis Management
- Direct ROI On Social Promotions
- Brand Loyalty
- Competitive Insights
Our free aviation report will tell you how to link business solutions to Social Media KPI’s, what you should be tracking, why you should be tracking it, and most importantly how to evaluate the results. Read it here
You May Also Like
How Social Engagement Drives Site Conversions
Social media has become an essential element to brand success in our digital world. For some professionals, social media seems to be a fad or buzzword, but for others, social is the key to driving conversions and sales online.
Tips for Measuring Engagement on Social
There are countless ways to measure social media engagement. I have seen brands try to do it in so many different ways. Lately, many people have been discounting engagement as “noncritical” - but it's a mistake. They’re wrong, and here’s why.