Facebook brands have been so impatient that they even released different concepts and applications, check out the Points of No Return application from car manufacturer Lexus. The conference will reveal how close they were because brands should get a different kind of Timeline than personal Facebook profiles. Just the fact that they will announce the news on the first Facebook conference for marketers suggests that it has a special approach to business pages in store.
So what do marketers expect from the new Facebook Pages for brands?
- Activities organized in boxes on the brand's Timeline
- The possibility to develop applications using custom verbs other than “Like”, for e.g. Love, Eat, Listen etc.
- Further development of Open Graph apps
- The possibility to start the Timeline with the date when the company was founded, for e.g. Coca-Cola could add an event for 1892 to represent the company’s history
- Flexible editing enabling them to add events or photos into the brand´s history on the Facebook Page
Check out McDonald´s “BIG” expectations:
Not to mention the potential of the Facebook cover picture and all the space for the brand logo and other attractive visuals on the Facebook Page. According to Socialbakers statistics, photos and albums generate the highest Engagement Rate. Socialbakers can’t wait until the end of February to adopt its metrics to the new features. And if you can’t wait to have your social media performance under control sign-up for a free 14-day trial with Socialbakers Engagement Analytics PRO!