CMO's don't have a lot of time on their hands, which means they need to spend it wisely. With the digital landscape changing by the minute, these hard-working professionals need good news - fast. We've whipped up a list of top articles the most successful CMO's have on their reading list!
1. 11 Facebook Updates You Need to Know for 2019It comes as no surprise that Social Media Today makes it into the CMO's routine reading materials. It's a great online resource that is able to curate content at impressive speeds. It's one of our personal favorites - we believe that any marketer in any position can find value on a range of trending topics.
In the article 11 Facebook Updates You Need to Know for 2019, CMO's get a quick glance at what the future holds for Facebook. Though we're still in 2018, CMOs are already thinking ahead and want some quick tips on how they can prepare. It's never too early to have a plan!
Key learning: You'll get an easy to digest breakdown of Facebook updates without having to sift through the crowded newsroom. If you didn't know that Augmented Reality Ads exist or that you could ad product stickers to Stories for seamless app-purchases than you need to read this piece - now.
2. Marketers Struggle to Keep Up with Content Creation Demand
Marketing Land really gets to the heart of the issue in their article Marketers Struggle to Keep Up with Content Creation Demand. They discuss how personalization has changed the game, increasing the number of iterations needed for the same content piece.
Key learning: Dig it to this short but powerful article to better understand the new challenges of online marketing. You'll get the good bad and the ugly. Though content creators are suffering from carportunnel, tasked with writing before they can utter the words "how many?", there's a silver lining. Give it a read to see for yourself.
3. 4 Methods for Generating Leads from Social MediaOn the other end of the spectrum, CMO's are drowning in the number of leads they have. Why? Because social media has opened up the floodgates of audiences that can be targeted. Social Media Week delves into this topic, providing marketers with actionable advice in their blog 4 Methods for Generating Leads from Social Media.
Though Social Media Week is primarily known for their conference, you shouldn't discount their content! They publish relevant articles that are cover the ins and outs of social media - which is the core of digital marketing.
Key Learning: To compete online, businesses need a high functioning sales funnel. Though there are more audience members to target, it's becoming increasingly difficult to direct traffic to websites. That's because audiences are constantly bombarded with more options than ever before. But don't panic, once you're done with this read you'll know how to create an efficient funnel that will keep leads rolling in.
4. How do Google's Most Recent Algo Updates Impact SEO?You can't talk about marketing without talking about Google. CMO's aren't only interested in social media updates - they also want to get caught up on updates that will impact SEO - and who better to get that information from than the Search Engine Journal.
The blog How do Google's Most Recent Algo Updates Impact SEO? gets into the nitty-gritty of Google's September 27th update. It's technical, it's descriptive, and breaks down Google's complex algorithm changes into easy-to-read text. It's no wonder CMO's find this resource useful!
Key Learning: Take your Google knowledge to a new level and step out of your comfort zone. Remember that social media and SEO work hand-in-hand - you can't be good at one without being good at the other. Get acquainted SEO expert's take on Google updates and find out how these changes should change the way you do SEO. After this read you may want to revisit your current strategy.
5. eMarketers Unveils Pinterest Ad Revenue ForecastBet you were wondering if eMarketer would make it to the list! CMO's aren't only looking for updates, they are also looking for data. Rarely does a modern CMO go with their gut nowadays. And why should they? There is an overwhelming amount of statistics available online that guide any marketing strategy.
Looking for more tips on Pinterest marketing? You're in luck - we have some hot advice from the Pinterest Queen herself. Click here to learn more!
TakeawayYesterday's social media manager is the CMO, which means they understand the importance of everything digital. This group faces many obstacles that are unique to online marketing, which is changing by the minute. This is a just a taste of what the everyday CMO needs to know daily. It's no longer enough to be well-versed in one platform or discipline, you need a granular understanding of how all of these different digital pieces fit together.
Need to up your company's SEO game - just not sure how to use social media to your advantage? Jump over to our next blog to learn 7 Ways Your Social Media Strategy Might Hurt Your SEO.
You May Also Like
4 Reasons Why Dark Posts Going Public Is Good for…
The moment we’ve all been waiting for is upon us. In their move to bring more transparency to social, Facebook has made all active ads available to the public - but this is nothing to panic about! Read on to learn how to use this new change to your advantage.
How Social Media Audiences Reacted to the State…
Last Tuesday, Donald Trump gave his first State of the Union Address. The speech was not only broadcasted on television networks across America but was also streamed Live on Facebook. Using Live video analytics we were able to get a detailed look into audience interactions and the results are telling. Find out how Facebook audiences interacted with the historical moment in real-time.