Our Innovation team is responsible for researching new technologies and building prototypes of revolutionary features that allow us to stay ahead of the competition. We are now looking for a researcher that would work closely with our research staff and help them in delivering the most innovative functionality to our products. He/She should be an experienced playful developer able to design and work autonomously on complex problems with fuzzy boundaries and vague specifications. This person should be a natural-born problem solver with a strong coding background.
- Interested in data analysis, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
- Participate in the research of new technologies and coding of prototypes - constantly and quickly learning new skills.
- Cooperate with the other team members in order to accomplish the given goal.
- Provide support/maintenance of existing features that have been deployed by the Innovation team - intense communication with other stakeholders, explaining how the features work and continuously educating them.
- Features delivered by the Innovations can have non-trivial backends and logic. If the functionality of the features is challenged you will need to be able to explain how it works to non-technical stakeholders (sales people and account managers).
- Great team player and communicator. You will need to proactively seek support from other teams as it is likely you will need to work on an ad-hoc basis with multiple people at the same time.
- It is expected you will be highly practical and user/customer-focused and always question scalability/usability of what is being worked on.
Skills and qualifications
- Technical background, preferably MSc. level in STEM and at least 3 years on a technical position as a developer/researcher.
- Experience with common machine learning concepts, such as supervised/unsupervised learning, classification/regression or recommendations.
- Hands-on experience with either natural language processing or computer vision.
- Preferred skillset: python, SQL, pyspark (Apache Spark in general), ML/AI.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as numpy, pandas, scikit, gensim.
- Experience with code versioning and bug tracking systems.
- Good applied statistics skills.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and API development and maintenance is a big advantage.