Social Media: How It All Began
Bonprix approached social media in an analytical fashion. bonprix was aware that many of their customers were already actively discussing their brand on social media. In January of 2010 a small social media listening team was created with the purpose of monitoring conversation about their brand. This invaluable data collection was utilized to engender a competitive social media strategy and in January of 2011, bonprix created multiple regional Facebook pages armed with content relevant to each specific market.
“By focusing Bonprix's social media efforts on encouraging a dialogue with our community, we were able to enhance brand awareness, engage our customers, and receive invaluable product feedback. Our customers genuinely became a welcome part of our team.”
Social Media Marketing Manager
Social Customer Service and Customer Loyalty
Bonprix uses social media as a customer communication channel, which allows them to publicly interact with social users to resolve customer service issues, develop key relationships, and receive invaluable product feedback. Foremost, social customer service is essential for bonprix, because their social media management team is equipped with the essential tools and authority to resolve customer service issues in a timely and friendly manner. Secondly, bonprix uses social media as a means to connect with their most dedicated social media fans to increase customer loyalty and assist with posting positive branding content, which invokes more social buzz about their brand. Lastly, bonprix analyzes customer feedback on social media to enhance future product development and more effectively target seasonal sales or discounts to their social customers.
Social Media: Return on Engagement
Bonprix still sees potential in fan growth and is actively focusing on increasing the size of their social media community. However, this does not diminish the importance they place on engaging with their social media community. Using Socialbakers Analytics, bonprix tracks the Facebook fan engagement of their numerous regional pages. With this analytical data bonprix regularly posts content that their fans find most engaging in order to boost engagement amongst their Facebook community.
- Provide quality customer service in an efficient and friendly manner
- Develop relationships with their most engaged fans to increase engagement, build a customer ambassador program and generate positive conversation about their brand
- Increase brand awareness via social sharing of bonprix content
- Tracking the social media return on investment. Although this is still in the research phase, bonprix is already generating a six digit amount of revenue through its social media activities
- More comprehensive knowledge of the demands of each regional customer base, which allows them to optimize content in order to increase social engagement