For Maisons du Monde, social media brings outreach and customer care to the same well-decorated table.
Images are the natural point of engagement for the French furniture retailer's customers. Posts showcase the brand's diverse collection of furniture, decoration, and home wares. "The strength of Maisons du Monde is the wide range of products we offer. Every person can find her or his style," says Alice Peuple, Maisons du Monde's International Social Media and Press Manager.
“We needed a simple tool to help us monitor and measure our community performances - and nothing is as easy to use, with report exporting, as Socialbakers.”
International Social Media and Press Manager
The brand's Facebook and Instagram feeds may display enticingly dreamy tableaux filled with teak, mahogany and other luxurious materials, but there's nothing sleepy about the brand's use of social media. Earning a 91 percent response rate by Socialbakers' Socially Devoted standard, Maisons du Monde ranks well above the retail industry's average (less than 73 percent).
"The biggest challenge is to maintain a good level of fan recruitment, then to continue to engage the users once they follow the brand," Peuple says. "Our community managers and customer service team are really aware that it is important to answer everyone as fast as they can," Peuple says.
And, to do their job well, Peuple's team members use Socialbakers' Analytics and Builder solutions.
"Customer service works tightly with the social media team," Peuple says. "Our main objective is to create relationship with our customers thanks to our brand content. We create conversation around our products, ranges and ambiance."
On Twitter, where images on posts are arguably less prominent than on Facebook or Pinterest, the brand's posts are especially conversational. "We want to entertain and to answer Twitter users' needs in furniture and decoration," Peuple says.
And, whatever customers see online is backed up by the retailer's chain of more than 220 stores in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland.
Turning social fans into online and in-store customers means that Peuple's social media team needs to respond to requests from various sectors.
"We are directly connected to the online shopping department and work closely with it. We work also with any department when needed in one way or another (including) purchasing, marketing, shop management, (and) HR," Peuple says. "When other departments want to use social media, we help them to define their objectives and the best media to meet them. Then we take care of their projects on the social networks."
Maison du Monde's team use Socialbakers Builder to help control quality for their social content. "Almost every post is scheduled, to avoid stress and mistakes," Peuple says. Builder also means her team members "see the new messages quickly and they can answer below each message so every thread is easy to follow."
For planning, they use Socialbakers Analytics. Periodically, the team compiles data on the brand's online communities and on individual post performance. "Every month we do our own report according to the info given by Socialbakers," Peuple says.
- Founded: 1996, in France
- Estimated yearly sales revenue: €500m
- Tweets in: English, German, French, Italian and Spanish
- Social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram
- Socially Devoted response rate: 91 percent
- Grow and maintain a fan base of over 240,000 thousand people.
- Post upward of 3 pieces of content per day, per network, while maintaining high engagement.
- Respond to all Fan comments in a neat, streamlined way.
- Coordinate insights from social media between departments
- Determine how best to show off their products on social.
With Socialbakers Analytics, Maison du Monde:
- learns about social performance to help each department improve.
- determines which network performs best for different types of fan interactions
With Socialbakers Builder, Maison du Monde can:
- respond to all fan posts from each network in one place, allowing them to maintain their excellent response rate efficiently
- track fan responses to content in real-time
- delegate responsibilities between team members