With some 72% of travelers posting photos of their trips while on holiday, it makes sense that vacationers are also increasingly using social media to reach out to their tour group, cruise line, or other travel provider when they have a question.
“After we started using Socialbakers, TUI was able to improve customer care. For example, our Dutch brand Arke is now able to respond to customer questions on Facebook not in hours but in minutes.”
European E-commerce Executive
That's why TUI Travel, a group of more than 220 travel brands across 180 countries, has made social marketing - and social care - an integral part of its business strategy.
Holidaymakers use social media to engage with TUI Travel's brands at all stages of their trips, from the planning process to booking to the beach to the return trip. In addition to the challenge of supporting their customers (of which they have more than 30 million holidays a year), the Group's social media team wanted to standardize and streamline their marketing across the Company's brands.
Socialbakers Analytics and Socialbakers Socially Devoted benchmarking have made a huge difference to the Group's social care strategies, says Amory Kelie, European Head of Social, SEO and Content Marketing. The result? “Four out of five of the most Socially Devoted travel brands are now TUI Travel brands.”
Powered by Socialbakers, TUI Travel representatives directly support customers on Facebook and Twitter - and fast. From answering questions about bookings to giving tips on the best local restaurants and sights, the Company's destination experts provide detailed responses to customer queries. And, they also engage their communities with relevant and fun content. Throughout, Socialbakers Analytics tracks response time and helps the team monitor core KPIs like Question Response Rate, Response Time, and overall Interactions.
“With help from Socialbakers tools, social marketing will be central to our marketing and business strategies going forward.” –Daniel Robb, Digital Marketing Director at TUI Travel
“Socialbakers has helped us tie together very different businesses into one single platform,” says Daniel Robb, Digital Marketing Director. European E-commerce Executive for TUI Amy Brix adds, “Socialbakers has helped us become a social business: we now have common and consistent KPIs across 80 markets.”
“What Socialbakers has done is help harness the abilities we already had in every source market, bring that together and give us one common reporting and delivering platform. That’s just expedited our strategy much quicker than we would have been able to do pre-Socialbakers. I think they’ve been an exceptional partner in helping us do that” Robb says.
In addition, the Analytics tool allows TUI Travel’s social media pros to measure and present their work to the rest of the Company in an organised way that’s easy to explain and understand. “Socialbakers really helped us to create transparency; we are now able to communicate our social performance to the Board,” Brix says.
- Founded in 1973
- The group is comprised of more than 220 brands
- More than 55,000 team members worldwide
- 30 million customers every year
- Includes travel agencies, tour operators, aircraft, hotels and cruise ships
- TUI (pronounced “too-ey”) stands for Touristik Union International
- Improving social customer care
- Reporting social analytics to upper management and the Board of Directors
- Planning social strategy for the future (reframe)
- Keeping social marketing consistent across many Group brands
- Reaching customers in a personalized way
- Integrating Social media to other business units
- Benchmark across in-house brands as well as within the industry
- Customize the Socialbakers Analytics dashboard so that brand managers can get the information they need quickly and conveniently
- Drastically improved response rates and response times
- Communicate marketing targets and results to upper management easily