Over the next few weeks we are going to be publishing a series of in depth reports outlining Key Performance Indicators to help you understand the performance of your social media pages and how you can use them to help resolve business problems.
The Importance of Social Media Key Performance Indicators
As the problems faced by different businesses vary, we’ll be covering a number of FMCG industries including retail, electronics and media. These will outline exactly what KPI’s you should be measuring in your business and how. For the first in our series we will be focusing on aviation.
The airline industry is challenged by an array of business problems that require multiple traditional channels to resolve. With social media, many of these business problems can be resolved quickly and efficiently. By measuring critical social media metrics and implementing effective social media strategies, airline companies can provide quality social customer service, quantify the ROI on social promotions, and much more! Check out how airlines like Volaris and KLM are using social media to provide excellent social customer care.
Important Social Media KPIs for Airlines
- Response Rate: The percentage of user posts or questions that the admin responded to.
- Response Time: The average amount of time that it takes for the admin to respond to users posts or questions.
- Engagement Rate: The amount of user interactions (Likes, comments and shares) that occur with your Page.
- Key Influencer Identification: Identifying the users that most frequently interact with your Page’s content.
- User Activity: Identifying the times of days and the days of week in which your users are most engaging most frequently with your Page.
There are a number of business solutions that social media can provide for the aviation industry including:
- Social Customer Service
- Issue/Crisis Management
- Direct ROI On Social Promotions
- Brand Loyalty
- Competitive Insights
Our free aviation report will tell you how to link business solutions to Social Media KPI’s, what you should be tracking, why you should be tracking it, and most importantly how to evaluate the results. Read it here
Are You Beating the Competition
on Social Media?
You May Also Like
Facebook Live Videos Take Off In 2016
Facebook Live videos are transforming the platform as media publishers and companies quickly adopt this new tool. We looked at the 500 largest company and the 500 largest media publisher Pages on Facebook for the first half of 2016 to see how the biggest pages are defining the trends in live video streaming.
3 Tips for Better Facebook Engagement
Summer has come to a close and we wanted to find the best content strategies from the top-performers across Facebook during May until August. We analyzed one of the most competitive verticals of the season - the travel and accommodation industry - to see who really stood out.