Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms to run your influencer marketing campaigns. Recent research from Activate found that 88.9% of global influencers were using Instagram influencer marketing more than they did a year ago.
1. Work with micro-influencers
Micro-influencers usually have faithful followers because they personally interact with all of them. People are more likely to buy a product recommended by a micro-influencer since they know them on a personal level. That’s why it is essential to work with the right micro-influencers in your niche. For example, Jenn Haskins of @hellorigby is a micro-influencer on Instagram that loves food and dogs. All her posts include awesome meals, interior design, dogs, and fashion. Take a look at her Instagram post promoting Fred Meyer Stores.
2. Promote contests and giveawaysPeople love free stuff! Promoting giveaways and contests can be a good way to raise your brand awareness, find new customers and get website traffic. Influencers love these types of partnerships because it helps them engage with followers, be more influential, while at the same time promote other brands’ accounts. Even if consumers might not win, giveaway contests create emotional connections. To get more participants, try to work with opinion leaders. They can sway their followers to join your giveaway. Here is a good example from Ruxandra Babici who partnered with Techir Cosmetics to promote a giveaway contest. To take a part in the contest, participants need to follow the influencer and Techir Cosmetics’ Instagram account, and tag 3 friends:
3. Give an exclusive offerTo encourage your customers to make a purchase, you can collaborate with influencers to promote your product. It can be a win-win solution as both parties can get the most out of this influencer marketing campaign. Try giving a promo code or URL for influencers, offer free shipping or gift with purchase.
People trust and listen to influencers’ recommendations. In most cases, they provide products that allow people to save money and get quality items. It is likely that users will check your website after seeing it advertised on an influencer's Instagram. To figure out which influencers generate the most sales, it is important to create a unique promo code or URL for each opinion leader. When promoting the content, ask them to tag your account to encourage their audience to make a purchase. These kind of links and promo codes will help you evaluate your performance and encourage people to take action. Louise Thompson, a fashion blogger, works with companies to promote their products. Take a look at how she published a photo wearing the Daniel Wellington watch:
4. Add a clickable link to the bio
5. Get more value from Instagram StoriesInstagram Stories have taken the lion’s share of attention on the platform. Sharing real-life experiences from influencers make people feel like they participate in their shares and make them a part of something special. That’s why stories are so popular among brands and influencers.
Creating shoppable Instagram stories is a good way to drive sales and direct your customers to different product pages. The “swipe up” feature allows you to add any links you want to drive sales and traffic from your Instagram Stories. The narrative approach can help users easily follow stories as they’re transmitted organically in real time and evoke emotional purchasing decisions.
To make shopping easy, influencers can add shoppable stickers within stories to tag products inside their post with links and prices. It is a good way for brands to drive sales and traffic from Instagram. For example, NUDESTIX uses beauty bloggers and influencers for Instagram Stories to showcase their morning makeup routine where they provide a link to shop their products.
6. Promote your brand using hashtagsIf you want users to learn more about your product and increase your brand recognition, you can collaborate with influencers to promote a unique hashtag for your campaign. Influencers can push users to share their photos and boost engagement rate by using your hashtag. The more people start using the hashtag, the more popularity your brand will get among other users, which will help you reach a larger a pool of target customers.
To get more people to click on your brand, you can use this hashtag with a giveaway contest. Influencers can mention this contest with the rules, and make people feel excited to take part. Influencers should also use this hashtag in the sponsored post, and encourage people to use the hashtag in their posts.
For example, Banza wanted to promote their chickpea pasta mac and cheese with the help of Instagram influencer, Alex Aldeborgh through the contest. In her sponsored post, she shared the image where she cooked a new dish with this pasta and fresh veggies using the unique hashtag #DressUpYourMac.
7. Take advantage of using live streamsLive streaming helps brands and influencers catch their audience’s attention to show behind-the-scenes episodes or a product launch. Users can also ask questions and get instant replies to solve their problems. Getting your brand featured on an influencers’ live feed on Instagram is a good way to achieve maximum engagement with followers and create truly unique content together with brands.
8. Make effective shoutouts
9. Invite influencers to your brand events
10. Provide a strong call to action
11. Jump on the IGTV train
12. Get the benefit of Instagram takeovers
It is important to find an influencer that you can trust. There are two ways in which can create a takeover; 1) you can give your social media influencer full access to your brand’s account, or 2) you can ask your influencer to send their content (images, videos, Instagram Stories, IGTV videos) to post on their behalf. Here’s how fashion influencer Isabella Thorp took over the Fine Line brand:
13. Build a brand ambassador relationship
Once you find a trusted influencer or brand ambassador to make him/her the face of your brand, you should give them the proper guidance about what, where and when to share your products. Tell the influencer or brand ambassador about your expectations from the collaboration to avoid any confusion in future. Let him know about brand events, brand news and give a custom discount code that they can share on Instagram. For example, the athletic apparel company Lululemon has chosen wisely for collaboration, with professional surfer Malia Manuel. She is their brand ambassador, and she promotes the full potential of all their products for swimmers, surfers, runners and yogis.
14. Get a detailed review of your productAsking influencers to review your product or service is a great way to educate and inform your target audience. The review should be thorough and honest enough so that their followers can build trust through an authentic and credible recommendation to make a purchasing decision to buy from that influencer. Here is how the beauty blogger Ryan Sim gave a thorough review of Sunmay Sonic Eye Massager:
15. Track the success of your influencer campaignsIt is essential for brands to evaluate how their influencer campaign has performed. Once you measure the impact of influencer marketing performance for your brand, you can better understand whether you need to adjust your Instagram strategy. If your influencer marketing strategy was successful, think of how to use those best practices to replicate success.
The following performance metrics can help you track the impact of your influencer campaign:
- Engagement rate: show the total number of likes, comments and shares a sponsored post has received. Socialbakers can help you get the statistics on your most popular posts on Instagram.
- Web traffic: is how much traffic your website gets from Instagram. This is trackable in Google Analytics.
- Brand awareness: is how well your brand is recognized. This could be measured by how many people are talking about your brand through your branded hashtags.
- Website rankings: can show how your influencer campaign helped your search rankings. You can use tools like SE Ranking to measure these rankings.
- Sales enquiries: see how much sales enquiries you are getting about your products.
- Sales: the total number of sales you’ve got from the influencer marketing campaign.
You May Also Like
7 Steps to Creating Compelling Instagram Video…
Even though Instagram had been popular long before it was purchased by Facebook, teaming up with the biggest social media platform in the world made it a force to be reckoned with.
Creating a Common Thread to Connect With Your…
“(Content) that they can actually buy into that then is related to your brand, I think that's where the future of content marketing is heading.”