Content creation doesn’t have to be stressful if you know what your audiences will respond to and what they would rather scroll past. Just use these tips for how each generation uses social media and how you can appeal to various age groups more effectively!
Generation Z - Digital Natives
Quick Tips To Engage With Generation Z
- Use visual messaging platforms
- Start live-streaming - be in the present
- Keep text short and sweet
- Create a dialogue with your audience
- Feature user-generated content
- Collaborate with influencers to enhance social media campaigns
Millennials - Social Media ProsNow approaching their 30's and with increasing purchasing power, Millennials are an important target group for marketers. They surpassed Baby Boomers as the largest living generation, and are also the most likely to use social media compared to other age groups. Millennials love Facebook, using the platform in a variety of ways - for example, the American Press Institute found that 88% of American Millennials get their news from Facebook.
Quick Tips To Engage With Millennials
- Use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Publish strong visuals with a story behind them
- Stay updated with the latest trends and get in on the conversation
- Make how-to’s, video tutorials, and short lists
- Develop a relationship with brand ambassadors
Generation X - Online ShoppersLet’s not forget about Generation X. Born in the late 60's to early 70's, they have a proven track record of adapting to new technology: from records to cassette players, CDs, MP3s, and now streaming music. Now in the digital age, they are joining social media and favor Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter over other platforms.
Quick Tips To Engage With Generation X
- Use Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Publish medium-length blogs - they're willing to read
- Share longer-form content such as informational posts
- Direct this group to your company's webpage with compelling content
- Be aware of emerging social media and the technology they use to access your pages
You May Also Like
5 Steps to Creating an Authentic Story Around…
If you want to appeal to your audiences on social, it's not enough to be engaging. It's not even enough to publish a lot. Today, savvy marketers know they have to capture users' attention through storytelling - and the more authentic they sound, the better the results. Read on to learn how to create a compelling story for your brand in five easy steps.
9 Steps to Measure Social Media ROI: a Complete…
The best possible return on investment (ROI) has become a holy grail of the social media marketing world. No wonder: high social media revenue can be great proof of the success of your strategy. If you're still wondering how to calculate it, here's everything you need to know about measuring your social media ROI: