Facebook Live videos are on the rise in 2016! They’re interactive, engaging, unpredictable - and audiences can’t get enough. Here’s what you need to know to take advantage of the new tool for your marketing.
1. FMCGsFacebook Live is a simple and cost-effective way to give audiences a behind-the-scenes look at your company. Your Fans know what your products look like on shelves, but they might not know the work that goes into creating them. Streaming live from the shop floor or the design studio gives everyone a personal tour.
- Introduce your employees, brand ambassadors or celebrity endorsers - Facebook Live is above all a powerful tool for bringing the people behind your company to the fore, and allowing your Fans to connect more intimately with your brand
- Take Fans on a tour - show them HOW your products are created and the real people involved in the entire process from start to finish
- Host a Q&A session so customers can learn more about the products they care about
- Showcase a new product or how to use your other products in new ways
To target this group effectively, you need to meet them where they are - and that's on social media. Use Facebook Live to create a connection with current and prospective customers, and stand out from your competitors.
- Feature celebrities, spokespeople, or employee advocates’ travel experiences in the destinations your airline flies to
- Interview brand advocates and celebrities that use your airline
- Showcase the features that make traveling on your airline more enjoyable than the competition
- Launch contests where passengers can compete for prizes
- Showcase your employees - the people behind the scenes that make sure your customers are getting to where they are going safely and comfortably
3. FashionThe fashion world is known for its Fashion Weeks, where they throw spectacular events to introduce new seasonal collections. These events are held in the fashion capitals of the world such as New York City, London, Paris, and Rome - out of reach for most consumers, yet something they are very interested in being a part of. With Facebook Live, your Fans don’t have to travel long distances to keep up with the latest fashion news - it's no longer "invite only."
- Go behind the scenes to show Fans how a new piece goes from conception to production to appearing on store shelves
- Give your Fans a front row seat at fashion shows
- Release a sneak peak of a new collection to your Fans just before or after a runway show
- Create fashion tips and put together an outfit complete with accessories
- Show your Fans what's going on backstage
The TakeawayLive videos are capturing audience attention and some companies are receiving huge spikes in organic interactions. In our latest Social Media Minute, we discuss how only 7% of companies are taking advantage of the new tool. Audiences appreciate Facebook Live because it gives them a fresh and authentic perspective. Fans have a chance to engage with the people behind their favorite companies, as well as with each other. Though live streaming techniques vary across industries, Facebook Live can still be used to personalize your company, connect with your community, and generate more engagement.
You May Also Like
How to Curate Content for Your Social Media…
Content curation is the bread and butter of social media marketing. But without the right strategy in place, it's easy to lose sight of what you want to accomplish. Luckily, we'll break it down for you and get into the finer details of content curation. Read on to learn how you can make your life easier, one curated post at a time.
5 Ways Emotional Writing Can Save Your Holiday…
Halloween is over, and it seems the skies have opened: holiday content is all around us. Users are ready for the attack of newsletters, blogs, social media posts, and TV ads at every corner; so they perceive it as nothing but one big blind spot, and therefore, ignore it.