With the changes to the Facebook algorithm, it has become increasingly difficult for marketers to reach and engage their target audience.
1. Be personable and appeal to emotions
2. Help people get social currency
3. Focus on your delivery
- Subheadings: Remember to use sub-headings especially for long form articles and make them larger and bolder to differentiate them from the rest of your text. This is not only great for SEO but also helps you to cater to the short attention span of readers by quickly drawing their attention to the main points of the article.
- Write in simple words to cater to netizens’ short attention span: Keep your sentences short and as easy to understand as possible. Always replace a difficult word with a simple one. As Lee Kuan Yew once said “What I want to discuss is the importance of simple, clear, written English. Do not try to impress with big words. Impress by the clarity of your ideas.”
- Beautiful visuals: When writing long form content, do try to include stunning visuals in every few paragraphs. This helps your audience visualize what you are trying to say and maintain their attention on your article. Some websites I use to get great free and stunning visuals include canva and Comp Fight.
4. Learn from the best
5. You don’t lose anything by asking
You May Also Like
What We Learned From Using Facebook Live
Facebook Live is the new hot trend on social media, but marketers have been slow to adopt this powerful format. We wanted to see if Facebook Live was all it was cracked up to be, so we took to the cameras to experiment. Going in we expected to get higher reach but we had no idea how the results would stack up against our other content. The results really speak for themselves! Read on to learn about our findings and discover why it’s worth it to live stream on Facebook.
How to Get More Likes on Instagram as a Media…
Even though Instagram is a great communication channel, its potential remains largely untapped by media companies. Instead, news outlets rely mostly on Facebook for audience engagement - a trend that might change soon with a simple Instagram trick that can nearly double your interactions. Intrigued? Read on to find out what it is!