With the changes to the Facebook algorithm, it has become increasingly difficult for marketers to reach and engage their target audience.
1. Be personable and appeal to emotions
2. Help people get social currency
3. Focus on your delivery
- Subheadings: Remember to use sub-headings especially for long form articles and make them larger and bolder to differentiate them from the rest of your text. This is not only great for SEO but also helps you to cater to the short attention span of readers by quickly drawing their attention to the main points of the article.
- Write in simple words to cater to netizens’ short attention span: Keep your sentences short and as easy to understand as possible. Always replace a difficult word with a simple one. As Lee Kuan Yew once said “What I want to discuss is the importance of simple, clear, written English. Do not try to impress with big words. Impress by the clarity of your ideas.”
- Beautiful visuals: When writing long form content, do try to include stunning visuals in every few paragraphs. This helps your audience visualize what you are trying to say and maintain their attention on your article. Some websites I use to get great free and stunning visuals include canva and Comp Fight.
4. Learn from the best
5. You don’t lose anything by asking
What does it take to make an impact?
You May Also Like
5 Steps To Optimize Your Post Promotion Strategy
Content promotion is one of the most important part of any marketer's Facebook strategy, as it delivers a significant part of their results on that platform. However, many marketers promote the majority of their Facebook content without assessing it properly first.
How to Convince Your Boss to Invest in Social…
Convincing your boss that they need to invest in social media can be a hard sell. We did some research and came up with some talking points to prepare you for the conversation.