Facebook Live is arguably the perfect video format on Facebook. Compared to other formats, Live videos attract higher reach and engagement while providing plenty of room for creativity. But are Brands and Media companies really taking advantage of the live-stream? We delve into the data to find out.
- Longer Videos - With as much as 4 hours of video time at their disposal, marketers can create more in-depth content, such as product demos, QA sessions or event coverages.
- Real-time Communication - Live content allows businesses to build an immediate connection with their audience and interact with the viewers in real-time.
- Higher reach - According to Socialbakers data, 80% of brands receive higher Organic Reach with Facebook Live videos over native videos!
How Effective Is Your Video Content on Facebook?
So why can’t Brands catch up with Media to leverage the power of Facebook Live?
In short, it's because Brands struggle to find a subject worth streaming - one that would be both aligned with their overall messaging and suitable for live videos. While it's easy for news outlets to use the Live format for real-time event coverages or interviews, it isn’t as straightforward for Brands.
This doesn't mean Brands can't tap into the potential of Facebook Live. It’s quite the contrary - there are plenty of creative ways for companies to go live. And if there's one thing that Brands can learn from Media, it's to focus on the art of storytelling. Every live video should tell an appealing story that unfolds in real-time which will keep the audiences engaged.
- Branded events - streaming your events is not only a perfect fit for the live format, but it also allows you to effectively promote your company.
- Influencers and celebrities - featuring social celebs in your videos allows your community to interact with them in real-time, which can generate high engagement and publicity.
- Tutorials - demonstrating how to use your products and answering your viewers' incoming questions can help you strengthen customer relationships.
- Behind-the-scenes - giving your audiences a sneak-peek at how things work in your office is a great way to showcase an authentic side of your business.
- Contests - hosting Facebook Live contests can encourage your audience to actively participate and interact before the live-stream ends.
Facebook Live videos offer marketers a wide range of great features that no other format can compete with. In addition, Live videos are favored by Facebook and achieve better results compared to native videos.
That's why companies should embrace the format and make it an essential part of their content strategy - especially that the Live video adoption rate is still low for Brands. Savvy marketers can jump on this opportunity and create authentic experiences for their audience that will keep them engaged and coming back for more.
You May Also Like
7 Steps to Creating Compelling Instagram Video…
Even though Instagram had been popular long before it was purchased by Facebook, teaming up with the biggest social media platform in the world made it a force to be reckoned with.
The Key Takeaways From A Truly Global Social…
Last week, social media marketers from around the globe gathered in Prague to hear from industry leaders across the social media and digital landscape. Here are 4 key takeaways from the Socialbakers Engage Prague social media conference.