2017 was a booming year for video content on Facebook. In this article, we detail how companies tapped into the format and review the top Facebook videos published across the fashion, retail, and FMCG industries in the US.
These significant benefits didn't go unnoticed by the brands from the fashion, retail, and FMCG industries in the US who tapped into the potential of Facebook videos in many creative ways. We looked at their top-performing native, Live, and 360 Facebook videos to inspire your video content strategy for next year!
1. Top Facebook videos published across the fashion industry
The video was the second most engaging Facebook native video post published across the fashion industry with an impressive number of more than 11,000 organic interactions.
This post generated over 8,000 interactions and 209,000 views, making it second place among the most engaging Facebook Live videos across the fashion industry.
With nearly 8,000 interactions, Patagonia's video made it to the top of the list of the most engaging Facebook 360 videos published across the fashion industry.
- Focus on the quality of your Facebook videos. To make the most of the format's potential to reach and engage users, you need to create videos that are worked out to the tiniest detail.
- Demonstrate how to best use your products through how-to videos. It's also a good idea to explain how your products are made to appeal to increasingly conscious customers.
- Create immersive video experiences. Taking your audience to different travel destinations, events, or even your office is a great way to stand out in their News Feed and generate interactions.
2. Top Facebook videos published across the retail industry
Michaels' video received over 12,000 interactions and more than 2.5M views, which made it the second most engaging Facebook video published across the retail industry.
Lamborghini Newport Beach's Facebook Live video strongly resonated with their audience who interacted with the post more than 25,000 times, making it the 4th most engaging post published across the retail industry.
The video accumulated as much as 20,000 interactions and 1M views and was the most engaging Facebook 360 video published across the retail industry.
- Feature influencers in your videos. This way, you'll be able to appeal to a larger group of people - those following both your company and the influencer.
- Take advantage of the unboxing videos' potential to drive views and sales by creating video content reflecting the joy of taking your products out of the packaging.
- Offer your audiences a sneak-peek at your brick-and-mortar store to spark interest in your business and offering.
3. Top Facebook videos published across the FMCG industry
The audiences loved Philadelphia Cream Cheese's video, which garnered a whopping 37,000 interactions and 3.8M views - the highest numbers for Facebook native video across the FMCG industry.
Yankee Candle's clever approach to their Facebook live stream worked really well. Their video received almost 6,000 interactions, making it the fifth most engaging Facebook Live video published across the FMCG industry.
The video generated over 24,000 interactions and 3.8M views, ranking number one among Facebook 360 videos published across the FMCG industry.
- If you're a food or household products brand, focus on creating cooking videos. This format is easily digestible and can amass a large number of views and interactions.
- Use the unique capability of Facebook Live video to build an immediate connection with your audience. Include clear Call-to-actions (CTAs) to encourage the viewers to interact with your video content in real-time.
- Try to make your videos appeal to feelings or emotions. This type of content is known to generate a strong response from the audience, strengthen purchasing intent, and even help your posts go viral.
The Takeaway2017 was a great year for video on Facebook as companies leveraged the format in multiple creative ways. Since video will be even bigger in 2018, it's important that you develop a video strategy ready to compete in your market and measure your video view metrics on a larger scale so you know with confidence you’re receiving the largest share of the audience's attention.
Would you like to know how you measure up against the top Facebook videos? Benchmark the performance of your Facebook videos now and find out where you need to improve to get ahead of the game!
You May Also Like
Mari Smith’s 7 Answers to What Every Social Media…
We spoke with the “Queen of Facebook,” herself, Mari Smith. It was difficult to sit though because we actually couldn’t contain our excitement to speak with one of the world’s foremost experts on Facebook marketing.
How to Manage Social Media Like a Pro: A…
As a person in charge of social media, you live a hectic life. Between building effective strategies and overseeing multiple social media accounts, you need to stay on top of finding new opportunities for marketing growth, and report on your performance - all under time-pressure. And if this wasn't challenging enough, your social media teams are growing. This means you need a solid management know-how to build efficient workflows and deliver results. We know things can get overwhelming. That's why we created this step-by-step guide explaining how to manage social media more efficiently - from persona analysis and content creation to listening.