Videos are arguably the best content format for businesses marketing on Facebook. Why? They provide immersive experiences, personalize businesses, evoke strong emotional responses, and are a perfect format for the increasing number of users consuming content on the go.
What does it all mean for marketers? Facebook video is booming and companies can be certain of the need to produce more video content in the future. Now is the perfect time to build a solid Facebook video strategy that can tap into all the benefits video has to offer and be an effective way to achieve companies' marketing objectives.
To do that, marketers need to pair great content with comprehensive video analytics that go beyond their historical performance and native tools. Comparing your video performance against the market is key to understanding where you really stand and pinpointing your strengths and weaknesses so you can successfully get ahead of the competition.
Fitting Facebook Video into Your Overall Content Strategy
Whatever your social media marketing objective, video can help you reach it - which is why you should start taking advantage of the format now.
Getting Creative with Facebook Native Video
Want to know if your videos need advertising money to give them an extra lift? Find out now!
- Stories - turn your written content, such as blogs or case studies, into videos to start telling stories in a more captivating way
- Quick tips - advise your audiences on how to best use your product, give feedback, or get to your store in a concise way
- Customer reviews - compile an overview of customer reviews and address all of their questions and concerns to improve your brand image
- Timelapse - make time-consuming processes (e.g. putting together your products) look fun and quick by presenting them in a timelapse video
- Unboxing - stir up curiosity and excitement of opening a present by offering your audience a product unboxing video
Benchmark your Facebook native videos against the market to get a better understanding of your performance in terms of video views, time watched, paid views, and more!
Connecting to Audiences in Real-time with Facebook Live Video
- Branded events - streaming your events is not only a perfect fit for the live format, but it also allows you to effectively promote your company.
- Influencers and celebrities - featuring social celebs in your videos allows your community to interact with them in real-time, which can generate high engagement and publicity.
- Tutorials - demonstrating how to use your products and answering your viewers' incoming questions can help you strengthen customer relationships.
- Behind-the-scenes - giving your audiences a sneak-peek at how things work in your office is a great way to showcase an authentic side of your business.
- Contests - hosting Facebook Live contests can encourage your audience to actively participate and interact before the live-stream ends.
- Announce your live-stream in advance - allow your viewers to book some time for watching in their busy schedules
- Give your audience time to join - it might take a while before your viewers tune in, so use the first couple of minutes of your live-stream for a countdown, general theme introduction, or small talk, to gradually gather your audience
- Repeat CTA frequently - live-streams are usually information-packed, which is why your audiences might lose sight of the call to action. Repeating CTAs frequently throughout the video will allow you to achieve your video objectives by encouraging your viewers to act
- Take time to respond to comments - live videos are perfect for communicating with your community in real-time. Responding to the comments while on the air is a great way to start a meaningful discussion, establish credibility, and educate the viewers about your business
- The overall number of viewers and interactions received by your video
- The exact moments when the viewers started tuning in or dropping off
- The distribution of interactions across the video's timeline.
Creating Immersive Experiences with Facebook 360
- Product ads - letting your audiences play around with the camera angles allows them to see your products in a whole new light
- Walk-throughs - an opportunity to join in for an interactive walk around your office will surely grasp your audience's' attention
- Adventures - taking the viewers along for an exciting business trip or team building activity will make them feel more included in your company's life
- How-it's-made - inviting the audiences into your headquarters and teaching them about how your products are made will help you earn customer trust
Struggling to come up with video content ideas? Discover thousands of top-performing Facebook videos in one place and get inspiration for the next time you film one!
Measuring Facebook Videos in the Competitive Context
One of the largest benefits of competitive performance benchmarking is the ability to assess how good your results really are. Imagine that the average viewing time of your video content is 10 seconds. Can you tell whether it's good or not? To be able to correctly answer this question, you need to compare your numbers against the market's average and see where you stand.
Putting your video performance in a broader context can also help you pinpoint the aspects of your strategy where you're excelling and the ones where you're falling behind. From there, you can take immediate, data-based steps towards replicating the successful tactics and fixing any possible shortcomings.
The result? A well-optimized, effective Facebook video strategy that's both a proof of your success and a great argument supporting budget requirements for any future video productions.
Sound good? Benchmark your Facebook videos against the industry, region, and country now and reap all the benefits of competitive video analysis!
To make the most of this shift, marketers need to develop comprehensive video-centric Facebook strategies. On a basic level, this means creating great content tailored to the audiences and closely monitoring its performance. But savvy companies should go a step further and put their video results in the competitive context to understand and improve their market standing.
If you haven't already, seize the window of opportunity and start building your Facebook video strategy now. This way, you'll be able to effectively reach and engage communities before the competition and capitalize on all the benefits Facebook video has to offer.
You May Also Like
Mari Smith’s 7 Answers to What Every Social Media…
We spoke with the “Queen of Facebook,” herself, Mari Smith. It was difficult to sit though because we actually couldn’t contain our excitement to speak with one of the world’s foremost experts on Facebook marketing.
7 Ways to Build Buzz on Social Media for Your New…
To successfully launch a product, you need to get people excited and build buzz around your product. We are going to show you 7 effective tactics to build buzz for your new product using social media.