1. Many industries have leveraged influencers with a lot of success, others have been slower. How has it been with the finance sector? Is it a good fit for any industry?Bradesco started their collaboration with ‘co-creators’ and ‘creators’ in 2011. So our maturity level with influencer relationships is already quite advanced compared to the rest of the market today. We made mistakes at the beginning and we have learned a lot from them. I understand that any brand can establish brand consistency with content creators from the moment they understand the purpose - the essence of the campaign.
Collaborating with influencers to share brand messages enables a brand to reach niche audiences and particular target groups. At the same time, it is a way for an influencer or content creator to share the brand image or belief of the organization with their communities. It's as if the brand was lending its voice to someone who would genuinely reassert a truth that the brand believes. A truth that is also reaffirmed by the person who was chosen to carry that message to the people.
All industries can achieve incredible outcomes with content creators. Just respect the perspectives, not only of the creator, but also of the audience that will be impacted by the posted creative. I always like to mention the 5 steps of co-creation, which fits any brand, from any industry.
2. Approach - the first contact with the creator must be sincere and transparent. He or she must know what brand is behind the campaign, understand what the desired goal is, why they were chosen, and, most importantly, if they see the sense in being part of it at all.
3. Creative freedom - the creator has an authentic way of engaging with his or her community. This is certainly one of the reasons why brands want in on the action. Therefore, creative freedom is important so that the content is not ingenuine or distant to the audience.
4. Security and well-being - it is the responsibility of the brand to protect the creator from any branding issues. Questions and complaints should not be passed to the content creator.
5. Be a defending agent - during the internal discussions or guidelines used for approving and defending the campaign proposal, the creator will likely not be present. It is the role of the manager who approves the campaign to defend the creator, because shouldn’t be seen just as form of media, but a valued content producer that also distributes the content.
2. Banco Bradesco has set a precedence in the region by collaborating with influencers and co-creators. How do you define ‘co-creators’ vs. ‘influencers’ - and what's the most important thing you consider before partnering up with either?
3. What are some of the biggest mistakes you have seen other brands make with influencer campaigns? OR is there a mistake you've made that you'd want our audience to learn from?The biggest mistake I see that brands make is evaluating creators only from one metric, which is usually the size of their audience/subscribers. That is, marketers are looking at the reach of the voice, but fail to evaluate other things like quality of content, engagement, conduct, values, whether they’re a subject matter expert, past behavior e.g. scandals or a negative reputation, and relevance within that particular industry. It is much more, unfortunately, a media strategy than content and co-creation.
4. Data is becoming an integral part of influencer marketing campaigns. What KPIs are important for you when defining the success of each individual partnership or campaign?
5. What’s one piece of advice you’d offer other brands they aren’t aware of when it comes to influencer marketing?Understand the purpose of your brand - its truth. From there, put all of your effort into being authentic and, in a fluid way, generate deep and meaningful connections with people through relevant content that makes sense and adds value to their lives.
Bonus Question: Where do you see the future of influencer marketing headed?I envision a place where the process of co-creation happens without friction, in an organic way, with both sides being respected. I imagine people/online communities at the center, guiding any and all communication which will be delivered consistently on whatever platform and format.
Nayara Ruiz, was nominated in YOUPIX Builders 2016, as one of the 30 most influential people in digital in Brazil, and was part of Forbes' "Under 30" in 2017, which recognizes personalities and professionals who have excelled in their fields.
You May Also Like
10 Actionable Tips to Improve Your Facebook Page…
Are you familiar with the idea of Facebook Page SEO optimization? It's a practice of applying basic SEO techniques to your business’s Facebook Page in order to increase its organic visibility - both on Facebook and in search engines. Want to learn how it works and how you can apply it to your own Facebook Page?Read on to find out!
Top 10 Productivity Hacks Shared by the Experts
We asked top digital and social media marketing influencers from around the world to share their favorite productivity hacks. Make the most out of your day with these top 10 tips!