Instagram Stories have become a powerhouse for both paid and organic content. But if you're spending too much time creating each and every story – you're wasting it! Here are the best apps for Instagram Stories that are guaranteed to improve results and make your life easier.
We all remember that people were skeptical when Instagram first announced they were getting onboard with Snapchat's famous content format. But as the numbers show, public opinion quickly shifted, and within just a year of being introduced, Instagram Stories acquired more Daily Active Users than even Snapchat.
Stories have seen a rapid rise since 2016. Facebook (including Messenger) and even Whatsapp followed suit, adding Stories to their repertoire of formats and the results speak for themselves. The Stories format on Instagram, Facebook+Messenger, and WhatsApp all have reached the impressive milestone of reaching 500 Million Daily Active Users – and counting.
Now that you've gotten a brief rundown Instagram Stories’ growth, we can get into the good stuff. Here's a list of Instagram Stories apps that will help keep your audiences tapping forward:
1. OverOver is an awesome Stories creation tool that has everything you need from backgrounds to professional-looking templates. With this app you no longer need to spend hours in Photoshop creating designs that will vanish within 24 hours.
It's a great choice for brands who also want to keep within their guidelines. With this app you don't have to let quality suffer and can easily upload company logos, fonts, and color palettes so that everything can look on brand without the hassle.
2. MojoWant to create video Stories? Then Mojo, a video editing Stories app, is for you. This app is truly a game changer.
Videos stand out on Instagram Stories because they are quick, engaging, and fun. But let's be realistic: branded videos can be a lot of work. Luckily, you don't have to stress too much because apps like Mojo make this a walk in the park.
You'll have access to more than 100 video templates, all of which are 100% editable. There are also hundreds of different text variations to choose from, all of which are fully animated and customizable.
And the best part in Mojo is constantly innovating, coming out with new templates and text styles every month.
3. Socialbakers’ Content HubWith one place to easily view all of your content and integration with Adobe Spark, Socialbakers’ new Content Hub is a one-stop shop to make your stories great. On top of designing them to stand out, you can seek inspiration for new ideas, schedule stories to post at the best possible time, and track their performance.
4. CanvaCanva is a Stories editing app that has it all. Whether you’re a beginner or a Photoshop master, you'll be able to find some design gems that will make your life easier.
While many Stories apps focus on photo editing, Canva is unique because it offers many different features. Unlike other apps, Canva even offers the ability to create custom graphs in just minutes. The process is quick and painless. You can choose from their wide range of templates, select a diagram you want, input your data and wallah – you have a premium piece of content without even having to pester your design team.
5. UnfoldJust go to Unfold's website and you'll immediately be staring creativity in the face. This app is every photographer's dream come true. If you are looking to showcase your brand's photos in their best light then this is the perfect app.
You'll have a wide selection of print-inspired editorials at your fingertips. Add a classic look and feel to your Stories with templates, frames, and ripped photo edges.
6. ImpressoImpresso is a great app for any social media marketer looking to create stunning Stories on the go without the hassle. Like other apps mentioned here, you'll have access to quick templates. There is also a huge variety to choose from so you're guaranteed to find something that matches your brand. You're not only able to edit templates and text, but you'll also have access to a photo and music library, which is a huge bonus!
7. Adobe SparkAdobe Spark has everything you need and MORE, which is why it's not surprising that the app boasts a 4.9-star rating on Apple's App store with over 82k reviews. While other apps offer hundreds of free templates, Adobe offers thousands. It’s also integrated into the Socialbakers’ Suite, where you can easily manage and schedule all of your Stories after making them look great.
You don't need to be a designer to work with Adobe's app. To change up a design you literally just keep tapping – it's that easy. What's even better is that you'll have access to your work across devices. So if you start a design on your tablet and later want to finish it up on your mobile device, you can pick up where you left off.
8. StoreoTired of trying to navigate the shaky waters of Instagram Stories videos? Then Storeo is the perfect app for you.
9. A Design KitThis one is for all the designers out there. A Design Kit is an awesome app that’s known for its colorful designs and realistic brushes. There are a variety of different textures to choose from so your Stories will never be boring. Add beautiful text to spice up your Stories and wow your followers.
10. InshotInshot gives you the ability to perform a variety of different creative tasks from editing videos to adding funky stickers that will make your Stories stand out above the rest.
With this app you can confidently edit videos straight from your phone with advanced features that allow you to adjust the speed, merge clips, cut out the middle part, and even split up the video.
And stickers – did we mention stickers?! Enjoy choosing from unique stickers that will make your Instagram Stories fun and dynamic.
The TakeawayInstagram Stories have added a breath of fresh air to social media. The format has exploded across platforms, which proves there is a demand for this type of in-the-moment content. Instagram Stories are so much fun to create, and it becomes even more exciting when you're able to keep it fresh using different techniques.
Don't limit yourself to features that are available on Instagram. Expand your creativity and test out a variety of different tools that will keep your content fresh – without wasting hours of valuable time.
You May Also Like
Top 10 Travel Influencers Brands Need to Know…
Influencer marketing is on the rise and no one does it better than travel brands. From Paris to Hong Kong, influencers all over the world are getting their selfies on and their adventure craving fans are #LovingIt. We’ve sifted through our database of millions of influencer profiles to find the best Instagram travel accounts that you should follow now. Read on to see which influencers made it on our top 10 list.
3 Steps to Build an Easily Scalable Social Media…
When developing a content strategy, marketers focus mostly on the creation process. But while producing quality posts surely is important, it's the right distribution that can often make or break your content's success.
Ready to learn how to build an effective social media posting schedule?
Let's dig right in!