We spoke with the “Pinterest Queen”, Paula Coop McCrory, to get her favorite productivity hacks for making waves on the platform. Considered to be one of the most powerful pinners in the world by BuzzFeed, Paula boasts an audience size of 4.3+ Million Followers on Pinterest.
Tips for Collaborating with Influencers
1. What type advice would you give to marketers looking to collaborate with a Pinterest influencer, like yourself?Connect with influencers that aesthetically fit your brand and campaign. Look at all their social platforms to understand who they are, their interests and the type of content they share. Do your research by taking the time to delve deep into their online persona. It should never strictly be about numbers, but finding influencers and content creators that are a natural fit with your brand and campaign. Look for ambassadors over short term supporters.
2. What do you think are some of the most common mistakes marketers make when building a campaign with an influencer?It's not all about numbers. Look at how an influencer is managing their Pinterest account. Are they utilising all aspects of what Pinterest offers? Is their header and profile complete? How many boards are they managing? Are they repining and sharing original content? Is it reflective of who they are? Answering these questions will help you with your quest to find the ideal social media influencer for your brand.
3. How important is data, i.e. your performance, when brands are looking to create an influencer marketing campaign?
How to Boost Your Pinterest Marketing
4. Be The Boss
5. Claim What’s YoursClaim your website. This unlocks even more analytics, ads and other pro tools Pinterest offers. If you want to go beyond native analytics, there are plenty of social media measurement solutions that can help you analyze your performance, competitors, and a range of other tools.
6. Leave No Stone Unturned
7. Brand Your BoardsThis is where you get to make your Pinterest board a true reflection of who you are as a brand. If you’ve already established a colour palette and a have a company font – reflect both in your images you create as your board covers. Remember, Pinterest is a search engine. Keep this in mind when naming your boards. You can opt for the most SEO-friendly, on-brand terms or create a mix of the two. Keep the titles relatively short and snappy and make sure to use the board’s description area to add in more keywords.
The TakeawayPinterest recently made a move to open their API for brands to access influencer insights. It’s no wonder, influencer marketing is projected to be a $5 - $10 billion dollar market in the next 5 years. Brands have turned to social media influencers to craft authentic content because their recommendations are becoming the new currency of transparency to build consumer trust. As brands increasingly spend more investment dollars to collaborate with content creators - micro and macro influencers alike, marketers will be expected to measure and demonstrate the ROI from their activities. Make sure that you have the right influencer marketing tool for the job.
You May Also Like
Get Inspired with Holiday Marketing Tips from 10…
It’s that time of year again! Marketers are ramping up for the festive season, and commercial holidays like Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Single’s Day. We all want to get holiday campaigns right by learning from the best holiday content from last year to getting insight into creating killer Facebook ads, best productivity hacks, efficient posting schedules, and more.
Marketing Expert Shares Black Friday Secrets
Looking for some Black Friday inspiration this year? Look no further! We picked the brilliant mind of marketing expert Philip Kitcher to learn the in’s and out’s of the most popular shopaholic holiday. Read on to see what he has to say!