We spoke with the “Pinterest Queen”, Paula Coop McCrory, to get her favorite productivity hacks for making waves on the platform. Considered to be one of the most powerful pinners in the world by BuzzFeed, Paula boasts an audience size of 4.3+ Million Followers on Pinterest.
Tips for Collaborating with Influencers
1. What type advice would you give to marketers looking to collaborate with a Pinterest influencer, like yourself?Connect with influencers that aesthetically fit your brand and campaign. Look at all their social platforms to understand who they are, their interests and the type of content they share. Do your research by taking the time to delve deep into their online persona. It should never strictly be about numbers, but finding influencers and content creators that are a natural fit with your brand and campaign. Look for ambassadors over short term supporters.
2. What do you think are some of the most common mistakes marketers make when building a campaign with an influencer?It's not all about numbers. Look at how an influencer is managing their Pinterest account. Are they utilising all aspects of what Pinterest offers? Is their header and profile complete? How many boards are they managing? Are they repining and sharing original content? Is it reflective of who they are? Answering these questions will help you with your quest to find the ideal social media influencer for your brand.
3. How important is data, i.e. your performance, when brands are looking to create an influencer marketing campaign?
How to Boost Your Pinterest Marketing
4. Be The Boss
5. Claim What’s YoursClaim your website. This unlocks even more analytics, ads and other pro tools Pinterest offers. If you want to go beyond native analytics, there are plenty of social media measurement solutions that can help you analyze your performance, competitors, and a range of other tools.
6. Leave No Stone Unturned
7. Brand Your BoardsThis is where you get to make your Pinterest board a true reflection of who you are as a brand. If you’ve already established a colour palette and a have a company font – reflect both in your images you create as your board covers. Remember, Pinterest is a search engine. Keep this in mind when naming your boards. You can opt for the most SEO-friendly, on-brand terms or create a mix of the two. Keep the titles relatively short and snappy and make sure to use the board’s description area to add in more keywords.
The TakeawayPinterest recently made a move to open their API for brands to access influencer insights. It’s no wonder, influencer marketing is projected to be a $5 - $10 billion dollar market in the next 5 years. Brands have turned to social media influencers to craft authentic content because their recommendations are becoming the new currency of transparency to build consumer trust. As brands increasingly spend more investment dollars to collaborate with content creators - micro and macro influencers alike, marketers will be expected to measure and demonstrate the ROI from their activities. Make sure that you have the right influencer marketing tool for the job.
You May Also Like
How to Gain Followers on Instagram: Must-Know…
Are you marketing on Instagram? Then you're likely looking to grow your audience.
Increasing your following might seem difficult, but we have good news for you: in this article, we're going to discuss tried-and-true tactics how to gain followers on Instagram.
Ready to learn how to get users to follow you on Instagram?
Let's dive right in!
How to Use Social Media Storytelling to Skyrocket…
Social media storytelling has become essential in marketing as a way to make content resonate with your audience.
Marketers can harness the emotional power of stories within their content, and with the help of social media storytelling tools they can form strong, long-lasting relationships with their audience.
So let’s learn how brand storytelling on social media showcases the human side of your business, boosts brand awareness, audience loyalty and conversions.