Last week, social media marketers from around the globe gathered in Prague to hear from industry leaders across the social media and digital landscape. Here are 4 key takeaways from the Socialbakers Engage Prague social media conference.
1. Understanding your audience on social media is crucial
Mia Vallo, VP of National Geographic Partners, demonstrated how important audience segmentation analysis is to be successful on social media, here’s her top tips:
- define who your segments are
- identify what they are really interested in, determine why they love your brand and why they believe in your brand
- create an audience analysis by measuring how those segments perform based on your marketing campaigns
2. Why influencer marketing matters in an age of consumer distrust
Many speakers discussed the changes to the News Feed, which has made it increasingly more difficult to capture audience attention. With these challenges, comes new opportunity - and brands are turning to influencer marketing to create authentic content and are relying on others to tell their story to the masses.
With the rise of the social media influencer playing a larger role in branded communication, marketers will need to find the right influencer tool to develop effective influencer marketing campaigns. That’s why we were very excited to announce our Socialbakers Influencers feature that will help you identify top-performing social media influencers your audience can trust. Watch the launch below:
3. How to build effective influencer marketing content
Before Dan crafted the video for Mercedes-Benz, one of their experts had labeled all of the parts in the seat and educated him on how they’re made. This helped him craft a video that was both fun and informative - which helped him to stay true to your brand.
4. How to break through the noise with Facebook Live
We conducted a workshop on the best practices for mastering the art of Facebook Live. Here’s a few tips from what we learned from using Facebook Live:
Before a Facebook Live
- Practice a test run
- Create hype by Informing your audience what time you will go LIVE
- Cross-promote your LIVE to direct your audience from other channels
- Know the audience you’re talking to
During a Facebook Live
- Open with an attention grabber, something personal, make a connection with your audience
- People will be joining at different times, have frequent check-ins e.g. “for those of you joining, welcome, we are with Ms. Smith and discussing...”
- Engage your audience by asking them to comment and participate
- Summarize key takeaways
- Provide a closing line and call-to-action(s)
- Breathe deeply, it’s easy to get nervous
- Smile at the camera and build that authentic connection with your audience
- Use humor and try to relax
- Mistakes happen – embrace them
- Turn nervous energy into enthusiasm
- Pause – it helps to emphasize certain points and shows that you’re reflecting on your thoughts
- Have talking points handy or what you need to mention in the video
You May Also Like
Mari Smith’s 7 Answers to What Every Social Media…
We spoke with the “Queen of Facebook,” herself, Mari Smith. It was difficult to sit though because we actually couldn’t contain our excitement to speak with one of the world’s foremost experts on Facebook marketing.
Instagram IGTV: Launching Your Channel to Best…
Instagram IGTV has arrived - bringing new features and opportunity along with it! This addition was huge, and if you are looking to get started or improve using IGTV, you're in the right place.