We, Socialbakers, may collect information about you in several different ways. Please take care when submitting information to us – the process of data collection may be automated and we may not recognize that you have provided us with incorrect, incomplete or sensitive data.
We collect your personal data when:
- You register or use registration for our Services through Facebook Connect or “Sign in with Twitter” or by any other similar authentication means;
- You otherwise interact with Socialbakers, in particular when you use the “Sign In with Facebook” or similar button on our website; and/or
- You otherwise voluntarily provide such data, e.g. by registering with your e-mail address and password or by filling out and submitting a form made available to you through Socialbakers’ website or the Services.
We also may collect any personal data concerning you or any third party that you have chosen to make accessible to general public, e.g. through Facebook APIs, on various social networks or anywhere else on the internet.
For purposes of analysis and improvement of our Services, our servers may automatically record information when you visit our website or use some of our Services, including:
- IP address;
- Browser type and language; and
- Date and time of your request.
If our Services are purchased by an entity, it is the individual users within such entity’s organization who sign for our Services and whose personal data are collected, as described above. Where such entity provides us directly with any personal data of its employees or other individual users that it authorized to access the Services, it must have all necessary consents, permissions or registrations to process and to provide to us its employees’ or users’ personal data.
We may use the personal data (even sensitive data) collected from you through your use of the Services. In addition, we may complement and combine your personal data that you provided to us with data collected from our other Services that you use and with data from publicly available sources.
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services to you;
- For verification purposes (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- To provide a better user experience (including services that display customized content or advertising of our Services) and more seamless customer support;
- To improve and enhance our existing Services and develop new offerings;
- To contact you in the future regarding our Services;
- For marketing and sales purposes (see section Marketing communications, below); and
- For the purposes of product and market statistics, research and analytics, benchmarks and other analyses (see section Anonymous statistic, below).
We may use and/or disclose to third parties (including government bodies and law enforcement authorities, our affiliates, professional advisors, or a third party purchaser or seller) information about you when:
- Complying with legal process;
- Enforcing or defending the legal rights of Socialbakers, and in connection with a corporate restructuring such as a merger, business acquisition or insolvency situations
- Preventing fraud or imminent harm; and
- Ensuring the security of our network and services.
This information will be shared provided that, in all such circumstances, we will only share the limited personal information that is required to be shared in the unique situation.
In order to manage our operations, we may cooperate with third parties and transfer selected data to such third parties. In case applicable law requires a specific legal mechanism to transfer such data, we will always ensure that such legal mechanism is implemented (see Section 6 for further details). Currently, third parties to whom data relating to you and your use of the Services may be transferred, and the purposes of such transfers include:
- Full Story Inc., headquartered at 818 Marietta St, Atlanta, GA 30318, United States; used for monitoring and Service diagnostics;
- Google Inc., headquartered at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View CA 94043, United States; used in particular as e-mail client and as document storage;
- Microsoft Corporation Inc., One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, United States; used in particular as e-mail client and as document storage;
- Marketo, Inc., headquartered at 901 Mariners Island Blvd, San Mateo, CA 94404, United States; used to manage e-mail campaigns;
- Mouse Flow ApS, headquartered at Flæsketorvet 68, 1711 Copenhagen V, Denmark; used for Service monitoring and diagnostics;
- Recurly, Inc., headquartered at 400 Alabama St #202, San Francisco, CA 94110, United States, card payment processing;
- Salesforce.com, Inc., The Landmark at One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States; used for management of the customer and project database;
- Targetprocess Inc., 1325 Millersport Hwy, Suite 201, Amherst, NY 14221, United States; used for management of internal processes and monitoring of employee tasks (internal ticketing system);
- Zendesk, Inc., 1019 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States; used for client requests tracking (client ticketing system).
- Comparex CZ, s.r.o., Evropská 2588/33a, 160 00 Praha, Czech Republic (internal supplier system)
- Mixpanel, Inc., 405 Howard Street, Floor 2, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States; used for Services monitoring and diagnostics.
Socialbakers has concluded controller-to-processor Standard Contractual Clauses (model clauses) approved by the European Commission (2010/87/EU) with non-EU vendors.
We may use aggregated anonymised data derived from the personal data provided by you or collected by the program analytics for a number of purposes as outlined above. We may use such data in particular for our own statistics, for auditing, for the purposes of product and market research, for analytics (which helps us to improve our products, the range of products and to develop new technologies, products, and services), and for benchmarks and other analyses. Additionally, we may choose to publish such anonymised data and to share it with third parties outside of Socialbakers. We will not directly or indirectly transfer any data received from you to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising or monetization related toolset.
We may send you various newsletters or communications which may include, for instance, details about the Services and their features, including newsletters containing special offers in which you may be interested. We may also send you invitation to events that we organize such as Engage. For these purposes, we may share your contact details with our vendors or business partners who provide services or functions on our behalf, including event organization, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, payment processing, customer service, or public relations. These third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions on our behalf and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
Your marketing communication preferences may be changed at any time by following the instructions below:
- If you would like to unsubscribe from an email sent to you, follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link and/or instructions placed at the bottom of the email.
- Alternatively, you can contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below to change your marketing communication preferences.
Please note that we may occasionally send you important information (including via email) about our Services that you are using or have used including changes to applicable terms and conditions and/or other communications or notifications as may be required to fulfil our legal and contractual obligations.
These important Service communications are not affected by your marketing communication preferences.
We have implemented and will maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures, internal controls, and information security routines in accordance with good industry practice while keeping in mind the state of technological development in order to protect your data against accidental loss, destruction, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access or unlawful destruction. Such measures may include, without limitation, taking reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of employees having access to your data and providing for limited access rights and access controls; authentication; personnel training; regular back up; data recovery and incident management procedures; restrictions on storing, printing and disposal of personal data; software protection of devices on which personal data are stored; etc.
Upon request, we will provide further details about the measures implemented by us and our data service providers.
Data collected from you may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States (US) or any other country in which Socialbakers, its affiliates, subcontractors, suppliers or other third party vendors maintain facilities. While we reserve the right to change our business partners and /or data locations, when we transfer any personal data to the USA or any other country outside the EU or EEA in which Socialbakers, its affiliates, subcontractors, suppliers or vendors maintain facilities, we will implement such appropriate legal mechanism as are required by EU law to ensure an adequate level of personal data protection by such third parties receiving your personal data (for example, European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses).
In addition to our current vendors listed in Section 3, the production data from our Services are currently transferred to and stored and processed by Amazon Web Services, Inc., 410 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA 98109 (“AWS”). Socialbakers and AWS have signed the controller-to-processor Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission (2010/87/EU) to ensure regulatory compliance for data transfers from Europe to the USA. The specific AWS Data Processing Addendum incorporating these model clauses has been approved and validated on EU level by Article 29 Working Party in 2015 as ensuring an adequate level of protection. See https://d0.awsstatic.com/whitepapers/compliance/AWS_EU_Data_Protection_Whitepaper_EN.pdf and http://www.cnpd.public.lu/en/actualites/international/2015/03/AWS/index.html for more details.
Your data may be accessed by Socialbakers’ subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes of providing the Services to you. Currently, Socialbakers subsidiaries, affiliates and activity hubs are described here.
If your data is incorrect or if you believe that our processing of your personal data is in contradiction with the protection of your private and personal life or in contradiction with the law, you have the right to access and correct your personal data, to request blocking, correction, supplementing, or liquidation of your personal data; further, you have the right to appeal directly to the relevant Data Protection Authority.
You can at any time request information about the processing of your personal data, and we will provide such information to you free of charge.
In addition, you may revoke your consent allowing Socialbakers to process your personal data at any time; however, in such case, we may no longer be able to offer you our Services.
If you have any concern with regard to protection of your personal data, contact us at:
Pod Všemi svatými 17
Plzeň 301 00
ID No.: 290 98 271