French telecommunications giant Orange works on seamless communication both with customers and with regional teams across 29 markets. Socialbakers helps provide an answer for both.
“With Socialbakers Social Media Command Center and the data provided by Socialbakers Analytics, we are now able to produce real-time content, to monitor more effectively, and to be more engaging.”
Head of Social Media
“Social customer care is really important for Orange as a service company, so we’re really proud of what Orange has been doing on social media with the help of Socialbakers tools,” says Lionel Fumado, Head of Social for Orange. “We’ve shown tremendous growth recently.”
In addition to using Socialbakers Analytics for creating campaign strategies and analyzing growth and engagement, Fumado’s team also uses a Socialbakers custom solution Social Media Command Center in their Social Hub. Within this hub, multiple screens, including four dedicated to Socialbakers data, display the real-time information Fumado’s team needs to coordinate Orange’s social marketing in Europe and around the globe.
Using the command center, Fumado’s vision is to present social media as a matter for everyone within the company and become a true social business. Even departments that are not traditionally public-facing, should be digitally oriented, he says.
The Social Media Command Center provides an at-a-glance understanding of how each regional page performs, and also aggregates mentions from customers on social media. It has a go-to bank of screens where the Orange team can view performance across countries, check their progress in increasing Facebook fan engagement in comparison with competing pages, and go deeper into the numbers for their top 10 posts.
“Displaying data on these screens creates a customized, easy-to-visualize real-time report, that makes work easier for his team,” says Fumado. For example, he explains: “We use Socially Devoted data to measure the quality of our customer care on social. It helps a lot to understand what people really like, and to build better content around it.”
The hub allows for better in-house communication and more effective collaboration across departments, and across regions. Around the world, their performance has improved. One challenge the hub helps address with its visualizations is getting team members to think about social and digital needs.
“Visualized data is timesaving, it allows us to have the right data provided to the right person at the right time,” Fumado says.
“Socialbakers Social Media Command Center is a very good social communication tool for us because we’re able to monitor everywhere more effectively,” Fumado says.
“Socialbakers’ role is helping us see what’s happening and how we are performing versus our competitors. We’re a small team and we quickly need to understand how to coordinate our performances everywhere at an outsize scale - and Socialbakers helps us do that,” Fumado says. He also finds value in Socialbakers Analytics’ Key Performance Indicator measurement capabilities. “We need standard & consistent KPIs to measure our worldwide social activity, benchmark with competitors and consolidate data,” he says.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Number of customers worldwide: About 230 million
- Market share in France: 42 percent
- Fans on Facebook: more than 8 million
- Newest social platform: a certified Instagram account
- Connect with and monitor markets worldwide
- Work with team members in other departments and help them understand how and why to use social
- Visualize data
- Provide excellent customer care
With Socialbakers Analytics, Orange can:
- See data from multiple platforms together on one dashboard
- Quickly convey information to decision-makers
- Benchmark social performance across regional pages
- Compare social performance with competitors
- Improve on customer engagement
- Create custom label views for different regions
- Generate automated reports
- Compare multiple types of data on one screen
- Customize the interface
- Integrate Facebook Insights with other analytic data
With Socialbakers Social Media Command Center, Orange can:
- Raise awareness for social media performance with team members across departments
- Get real-time information to departments that need it
- Easily visualize complex data
- Monitor regional performance at a glance