For France Télévisions’ audiences, interacting with online communities amplifies the enjoyment of tuning in to their favorite programs. Every day, the French national television broadcaster reaches millions of fans on social media.
“What we learned from monitoring our social media profiles with Socialbakers begat immediate results: we were able to customize the way we managed our pages and improve upon our earlier engagement metrics.”
“Social media has rapidly become a key marketing channel for us, in order to enrich our TV programs with more content and grow our relationship with our viewers and online viewers,” says Claire Morlon, Digital Analyst at France Télévisions. “Twitter in particular is a great way for us to lead real-time conversations about our programs.”
Until recently, however, the broadcaster was missing an easy way to analyze the quality of their engagement with fans. Now, with Socialbakers Analytics, the marketing team is able to study these fan conversations like never before - and react appropriately.
It’s paid off. Socialbakers has given key insights for specific actions for the social media strategy. In the three months after France Télévisions began using Socialbakers tools, Claire Morlon was able to see significant increases in engagement and numbers of new Fans and Followers across its social channels. According to Socialbakers data, the average daily interactions on its regional network, France 3, increased by 67% in that period. Fan growth for that network jumped more than 10% during those months, and the breaking news wing francetv info grew by nearly 13%.
“Above all, we care about the engagement rate of our social media profiles and publications, as we mean to focus on interactions with our audience. We also track the growth of our communities and pay a special attention to benchmark ourselves with our competitors,” Claire Morlon says.
Quickly, Socialbakers Analytics became an integral part of the workflow. “Socialbakers is used on an almost daily basis by both the marketing and editorial teams to monitor the efficiency of our publications and track new best practices to implement,” Claire Morlon says.
Using Socialbakers Analytics, the marketing team was also able to simplify the huge job of monitoring the more than 200 social media profiles that the broadcaster maintains.
“The main benefit of the Socialbakers Analytics solution is that it makes easy the monitoring of 200+ social media profiles in a single dashboard,” Claire Morlon says.
For France Télévisions, creating a clear and quick vision is important for keeping KPIs in mind, and also for the ease of use of the dozens of people who produce, publish and analyze the network’s social media content. “Socialbakers Analytics user-friendly interface make it easy to implement throughout the company, helping us to get more people involved in social media analytics,” Claire Morlon says.
- French national public television broadcaster
- Broadcasts television and radio networks nationwide
- Number of social channels: 200+
- Increase in France 3 Facebook fan interaction after beginning to use Socialbakers tools: 67%
- Daily increase in number of France 3 Facebook fans after beginning to use Socialbakers tools: 10%
- Managing more than 200 channels on social media
- Coordinating social content with both shows and show producers
- Building a sense of community with television viewers
- Give management a clear picture of social marketing results
- Understand what drives peak traffic
With Socialbakers Analytics, France Télévisions can:
- Monitor engagement over 200+ channels
- Coordinate optimal social content with show producers
- See what conversations viewers get the most value from
- Take action based on real-time insights
- Provide clear reports to management