Senior Technical Writer
At Socialbakers, our mission is to improve the way how digital marketing (especially the social aspect of it) is done.
We’re building a constantly evolving SaaS platform that helps enterprises around the world make their digital marketing smarter. Breaking silos between teams, improving collaboration, using data to make smarter decisions (what works? what doesn’t? why?) etc. We wrote an article about how we build products here so be sure to check that out if you need more information. It’s here.
We are looking to hire a Senior Technical Writer to help significantly improve our “documentation game”, both internally and externally.
To be 100% honest, our current documentation workflow has a lot of things to improve. Having this senior role directly as a part of product team will enable us to design a better communication flow, implement the best-in-class documentation systems and teach the entire company (Engineering, Product, Sales) but also our customers how to work with the new system to improve how everybody searches for answers to their questions.
The main objectives of this role will include:
- Own the entire product documentation pipeline in Socialbakers (both prioritization & execution)
- Lead other technical writers (currently 1) and grow the team as needed
- Create content for the documentation
- Communicate with all key stakeholders inside our organization about upcoming changes, planned
- Help our customers understand our product better
What we expect from you (i.e. must haves):
You’ve worked in a bigger tech-focused documentation team before
This is a senior role and we are seeking a person that can help us build the whole “tech writing” competence. If you haven’t done it before, nor have seen it being done around you, you’d have a bad time. And so would we.
Independence and maturity
We’ll give you access to all resources, materials and in general everything you’ll need. You can also ask our teams (or anybody in our company, really) for help no matter what you need. However, nobody will be holding your hand and micro-manage what you do on daily basis. We expect you’ll be leading this effort, not just doing what you are told.
Our product team is very international (same as the entire company) and literally every aspect of our work is done in English. The entire company has English as the only official language too so we expect you be fluent, if not eloquent at it. Ideally, you should have been working in English-speaking environment before English doesn’t need to be your native language.
Any other language (Spanish, French, Italian, any of the Asian languages,…) is a BIG plus.
For tech-writing specifically, nobody will be proof-reading the content you & your future team produces. It therefore needs to be in a “customer-facing quality”
What would be awesome if you had (i.e. nice to haves):
You have built a tech writing competency in a tech company before
If you know, you know. Coming with this specific experience would help us build the competence faster!
What you can expect from us to help you make it all happen:
Direct access to everybody
You will be part of many direct interactions (with customers, sales, internal teams, product peers, developers, tech teams..). Your job will be to distill the important pieces of information about the product and
Full support of your suggestions and crazy ideas
Building a competence from scratch requires somebody with bold ideas that’s not afraid of change. We’ll support you on this journey in every possible way.
Collaboration with many talented colleagues that are all subject-matter experts
You will work with many talented colleagues from product and other teams (product owners developers, architects, design, engineering management, sales,…) to nail down product specification, interactive prototypes, product rollout plans, pricing, packaging, and many other things
The rest of the product team having your back at all times
No matter the challenge, you’ll never work on any of the above alone We are #oneTeam after all.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to really make an impact on product suite that’s being used by thousands users every day
- Work in a very international environment in the modern offices in Karlín / in our own office in Pilsen / in Impact Hub in Brno / from your home. In COVID times, we all work from home and remote is definitely a possible option even for the long term. Ideally with options to meet in person once in a while in Prague but not 100% mandatory
- Agile and open-minded culture and a high level of flexibility. We don’t care from where the work gets done as long as it does
- Possibility to learn new technologies & skills and turn your ideas into reality
- Chance to compete in a ping-pong tournament or to enjoy table football, Playstation, Yoga or run with colleagues, and nearly all year-round grilling parties, and other team buildings opportunities
- Workshops and meetings with various experts, internal trainings, language courses
- 25 days of holidays, 3 sick days
- And others...let’s talk if you want to learn more!